RW Vlog: New 2019 Spring Arrivals

As Spring rolls around the corner, here at RW our warehouse is bursting with new and exciting products that would delight every equestrian - no matter what the discipline! To give you the inside look at what's new in the warehouse, Riding Warehouse crew members Sonya, Tera, and Katie have pulled a few of their favorites representing English, Endurance, and Western. From show shirts to bits to liniment, there is something for everyone this Spring!

Katie's Top English Picks

1) Noel Asmar

My first pick is from one of my favorite brands, Noel Asmar. This Spring I truly feel that Noel hit it out of the park on their Sustainable UPF50 Seasonal Logo Tee and the Tessa Mesh Paneled Show Shirt.

The Sustainable Logo Tee is a favorite around the office, and for good reason. This silky smooth long sleeve isn't only "just comfortable" to wear on the daily, but is extremely eco-friendly as it is made from 100% recycled fiber from plastic water bottles. Perfect for schooling at home, sailing around the cross country course, or as a lightweight running shirt, the uses for this shirt are endless. Finished with "Noel Asmar" branding down the arm and crafted in beautiful teal and pale pink colors, there is no reason to not own a shirt like this!

My next pick for Noel is the Tessa Mesh Paneled Show Shirt. The Tessa in my eyes is the perfect example of a modern show shirt. Designed with super stretchy mesh along the arms and back, this shirt moves with you while also providing breathability for those warm show days. Another feature which made me fall in love with the shirt is the teal blocking along the sides. Not only is it an extremely stylish feature, but the blocking provides a slimming effect- something we can all appreciate!

NATE-1.jpg

Noel Asmar Women's Tessa Mesh Paneled Show Shirt

2) Montar

From Montar, my pick is the Amelia Competition Show Shirt. I was impressed immediately upon receiving this shirt with the material as it is soft, stretchy, but overall beautiful. The lace overlay is extremely unique for a show shirt, but what I am most excited about is the soft fabric lining that is silky smooth against your skin while maintaining some weight to keep the shirt in place as you ride. Upon putting the shirt on for a first-hand feel, the body fit wonderfully and wasn't too tight or restricting (I wore a size small). However, I did notice that the sleeves and collar ran a bit tight therefore I would suggest buying a size up if you have muscular arms. Overall, I can't say enough good things about this show shirt and I believe it would be appropriate for anyone looking to elevate their style in the ring, from hunter riders to event riders!

Katie 1.jpg

"The Amelia is extremely comfortable, but I would suggest sizing up if you have muscular arms" -Katie, RW

3) Kingsland
My favorite set from Kingsland is the Denia Knitted Lightweight Sweater with the Manilva Soft Cotton Polo Shirt.

A match made in hunter jumper heaven, this beautiful set is the epitome of class and style. The Denia Sweater is just the right weight to offer warmth while remaining light enough to wear a polo under it. This is where the Manilva Polo comes in. Designed in a pretty light blue color, the Manilva matches the color of the Denia's elbow patches perfectly, making it an ideal choice for those distinguished equestrians. I personally loved the fit and look of both pieces and felt like it could even be incorporated into everyday wear by pairing the set with jeans and heels!

Katie 2.jpg

"The Denia & Manilva is the perfect set for riding or everyday wear!" -Katie, RW
4) Haas Brushes

Haas.jpg

Red Star (Top) & Girlie Girl (Bottom)
A definite favorite of the mine is the Haas Brushes. This season we received two new styles, the Red Star and the Diva Girlie Girl. Unique in construction, the Haas brushes stand apart due to their quality of materials and innovative craftsmanship. Both of these brushes stay true to the Haas line and would work wonderfully in any equestrian grooming box.

The Red Star Brush features medium-firm horsehair bristles that are mixed with softer natural fibers that work to lift dirt, loose hair, and dander from your horse's coat. Like all Haas brushes, the Red Star's handle is incorporated into the body of the brush to avoid the use of nails or glue. This not only promotes the life of the brush but ensures no horse or human are harmed while grooming.

For a luxurious experience, Haas crafted the Girlie Girl Brush. With a lambswool center and super soft horsehair outer, this is a brush to truly pamper your equine friend. I would use this brush to give my horse's coat a glossy sheen right before a ride and to show him some extra love after a hard workout!

Sonya's Top Endurance Picks:

1) Kerrits

As a hunter jumper gone rogue, I choose pieces that I would bring on an Endurance ride. One of the most popular brands for Endurance is Kerrits, and their new 2019 line emphasizes why they are so sought after for long, grueling rides. For my pick, I decided on the Kerrits Icefil Line that includes their long sleeves, short sleeves, and tank tops. All of their IceFil shirts feature UPF 30+ sun protection while remaining feather light for complete comfort during extreme workout conditions. Plus, the IceFil technology reduces your body temperature up to 5 degrees!

Sonya 1.jpg

Kerrits IceFil Long Sleeve Print Top

2) Ariat

Tried and true, Ariat always comes out with new colors and patterns of their Sunstopper, and 2019 was no different. The Sunstoppers are the perfect choice for those who want protection from the sun but wish to stay cool and comfortable during the warm months.

With UPF 30+ protection woven into the fibers of the shirt, there is no doubt the Sunstoppers will keep you protected. Also boasting Ariat's Moisture Movement Technology, this innovative shirt wicks away sweat from the skin to cool you. Additional mesh along the shoulders and under the arms provide even more breathability so you can stay cool during hottest of rides. However, unlike the Kerrit's IceFil line, the Sunstoppers are made of thicker material which offers a bit more modesty and coverage.

Ariat Sunstopper.jpg

AriatTEK Women's Long Sleeve 1/4 Zip Sunstopper (Model Wearing Size XS)

3) Tuff Rider

My last pick is from Tuff Rider, who I think made a pair of products that complemented each other well - the Minerva EquiCool Tights, and Air Mesh Washable Half Chaps.

For my 50 mile ride, I'm pretty concerned about how I'm going to keep my legs comfortable. I've been on the tight hunt to find the perfect pair of pants that will not only keep me cool but not chafe or irritate my legs as I ride or run alongside my mount. I was instantly drawn to the Minerva for their lightweight and stretchy design that incorporates UV protection. But my favorite feature is the mesh side pocket which can house my smartphone or accessories I may need on the ride! The fit ran true to size (I wore a small), but due to the excellent stretch, I felt like I had the mobility I would need out on the trail.

For half chaps, I picked the Air Mesh Washable Half Chaps. I was drawn to these for the highly ventilated mesh calves and flexible design of the chap. Upon putting them on (with a little help) I noticed that they conformed perfectly to my leg and fit over my terrains. Although they were a bit tight at first, the more I moved around in them, the more they softened up. I think these would be a great choice for any Endurance rider looking for breathable protection for their legs. These also remind me of the Ariat Terrain II Half Chap, but at half the cost!

Sonya 2.jpg

Minerva Tights with Air Mesh Half Chaps
Tera's Top Western Picks:

1) Ariat

Tera 1.jpg

Ariat Posey Kimono with Leopard/Cactus Cruisers
As a barrel racer, I want to stand out in the arena but I also want a fashionable look when I'm not sitting on my horse. To cover both of my needs, I turn to Ariat. This season, Ariat came out with some wonderful pieces that you can take from the barn to the town!

A favorite of mine this Spring is the Ariat Posey Print Kimono. With a beautiful flowy design, this piece can be dressed up or down depending on how you choose to wear it. I believe it pairs perfectly with the new Leopard/Cactus Cruisers, which feature the same pretty light blue color scheme.

My next look is something I could wear to the barn, on date night, or even a night out with the girls! The love the flexibility of the Mai Tai Steer Head Shirt as it is flowy, comfortable, and most importantly, cute! The body is very loose so I was able to size down to a small while the overall length hit me right at my waist. I paired this shirt with Ariat's new Primetime Bantam Boots in Tan because they gave me peace of mind that my feet were going to look great with the texture vamp but also remain extremely comfortable with the ATS Pro footbed.

Tera 2.jpg

Ariat Mai Tie Steer Head Shirt with Primetime Bantam Boots-Tan
My final pick is the Ariat Women's REAL Lovely Long Sleeve Snap Shirt. A shirt really anyone can pull off, I choose this piece because of the lightweight fabric but also the soft, pastel, Spring colors. The Lovely could easily go from a casual day at the barn, to shopping around town, or even chasing down barrels in the arena. For fit, I would say it runs true to size for a button down with some mild looseness throughout the body for movement and comfort.

IMG_4559.jpg

Ariat REAL Lovely Long Sleeve Snap Shirt (Model Wearing Size XS)

2) Weaver

This Spring we brought in a bunch of fun Weaver products that we got to see at WESA! My top picks from our haul are the Weaver 45 Degree Easy Side-Loading Hay Bag and the Ken McNabb Bit Collection.

Designed to make loading hay easy, the 45 Degree Hay Bag is a simple yet revolutionary way to feed your horse hay. By hanging the bag off the corner as opposed to the top, this allows you to easily re-fill the bag without taking off the wall. Endowed with an anti-spin construction, the hay bag will stay exactly where you want it and allows the horse to eat out of it easier and become less frustrated.

Another trade show favorite of mine is the Ken McNabb Bit Collection Series. Designed to include multiple levels of training, this bit series is applicable for the young green horse to the experienced schoolmaster. Copper is incorporated into their bits to encourage salivation and acceptance, leading to the overall happiness of the horse. Finished with multiple mouthpiece styles, these bits could be a great choice for rope horses, barrel horses, or even trail horses!

Weaver Vlog 2.jpg

Weaver 45 Degree Hay Bags & Ken McNabb Bit Collection

3) DiO Draw it Out

My last pick for Western is a favorite of mine for my barrel horses, Draw it Out Liniment.

This super easy to apply liniment is a staple in my routine with my horses to keep them feeling great, before and after work. Formulated with a propriety blend of minerals and Epsom salts, this liniment penetrates deeply without the use of harsh chemicals. I particularly like this liniment because it will never burn and can be used under wraps, and is accepted for competitions under FEI standards. But best of all, it just works - it is simple, easy, and shows results.

For Tera's Full Review of DiO, Click HERE.

DIOL-B32-1.jpg

DiO comes in two mediums: Veterinary Strength Gel & Veterinary Strength Concentrated
Thanks for reading about all our new 2019 arrivals, we hope you are as excited as we are! Don't forget, this is just a sampling of all the new products we have just received. To see everything, check out www.ridingwarehouse.com!

Group.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Comments